Tips for maintaining good dental hygiene
Need a reason for good oral hygiene? How about five? You might be surprised what a healthy mouth means for your overall well-being. Here are five tips for maintaining good dental hygiene.
It starts with regular hygiene visits to your dentist, as often as every three to four months depending on your situation. Guittard & Sierra Family Dentistry in Atascadero is happy to offer a few tips that will help you prevent more serious dental problems down the road.
Here’s what maintaining good oral hygiene means for your dental health:
- Helps prevent more serious issues: Things like diabetes and heart disease can be complicated by dental disease.
- Early detection of oral disease: Dental examinations and cleaning can help detect any oral conditions or health complications caused by oral diseases.
- Prevents tooth loss: One of the many reasons for tooth loss is poor dental hygiene.
- Helps your dentist create an oral treatment plan: Dental conditions and mouth structures vary for each patient. These dental conditions can be detected during regular dental visits.
- A whiter and brighter smile: Do you have the confidence to flash those pearly whites? Keeping your teeth plaque-free can help you smile with confidence.